Content copyright 2018. Children and Adults Developmental Agency. (CADAprograms) All rights reserved.
Sankofa Children’s Village - CADAprograms
The Year Round Program
In 1995, CADAprograms started operating its After-School program in North Versailles. The Summer Camp began in 2000. The competent, caring staff is culturally diverse and intergenerational. The After-School and Summer programs operate in a safe, nurturing, drug-free environment conducive to learning and emotional balance. Specific content and programs are subject to change, and may partner with new resources in the community.
- The Academy is the tutorial and homework assistance component dedicated to nurturing healthy minds and bodies. CADAprograms staff monitors, checks and corrects every student’s homework on a daily basis and provides test, quiz and class project preparation. Computers are available to assist with homework.
- The Expand the World program normally provides one or more field trips and a variety of cultural and social activities to broaden the children’s horizons so they can see and experience a world outside of the community.
- Watch Me Eat Program is a nutrition program for all children and any senior citizen who desires to eat. Hot meals are prepared daily for the after-school program.
- The G.A.M.E. Program (Guys and Adults Mentoring Experience) provides an opportunity for our male students to be mentored and to bond with strong male role models.
- Fridays are for Fun & Learning are when students engage in various invigorating activities based on student input. Prizes are awarded for special activities.
- Life Awaits Me Program (L.A.M.P.) is the reading component focusing on the commonality of issues affecting children regardless of cultural groupings, by reading age-appropriate books.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (S.T.E.A.M.) focuses on building and strengthening fundamental skills in each program area using national guidelines.
- Culture, Art, Language and Music (C.A.L.M.) Participants learn to function as a team. The intent is to help them to forget the various struggles in the community that include verbal and physical lashing out at each other and to use multiple art forms to express and empower themselves.
- Police Assisting Summer Students (P.A.S.S.) Police officers from the North Versailles Police Department visit the summer program to talk to our students about safety issues. The visits are interactive and cover issues ranging from internet safety to “stranger danger.”
- Watch Me Eat Program is the nutrition program for all children and any senior who desires to eat. Free hot meals are prepared on-site for breakfast and lunch daily. This feeding component of the program is open to any child in the community, and not only to those enrolled in the Summer Camp.
Anti-Bullying Program: “I Am Special”
S=Science; T=Technology; E=Engineering; M=Mathematics
Safe, Supervised activities; New fun experiences and New friends
- Each one Teach one
- Hands on learning
- Field Trips
- Free Lunch and Breakfast
- Arts and Crafts
- Trips to the Library
Field Trips: Exciting Fun!! WEEKLY Field Trips!!!
When: During the Summer camp programs
Where: CADAprograms Site: 2901 Maryland Ave. North Versailles, PA 15137
(In front of the Rolling Woods Apartments)
Cost: Sliding Fee scale $5.00-$150.00 !!! (highest cost 150.00/month)